Rehydrate The Electrolyte Sports Drink for Dogs.
Product Numbers: FP1004, FP-1004
Starting at: $8.00
Add $125.00 worth of items to your cart to qualify for
Rehydrate - 10 Tablets per pack.
REHYDRATE was developed by a doctor of veterinary medicine at the University of Minnesota who holds a doctorate degree and specializes in animal nutrition.
Features and Benefits Include:
- REHYDRATE is designed to give canines a more effective hydration system than drinking plain water. The effervescent tablet that dissolves in water is formulated to replenish any lost electrolytes (i.e. sodium, chloride, potassium, etc.) due to aerobic activity.
- Also included are Vitamin C and other antioxidant minerals geared to promote general wellness. Each tablet is also flavored to enhance the palatability to promote optimum hydration and water intake.
- During prolonged exercise, humans that do not hydrate will experience increased heart rate, increased core body temperature and a reduced sweat rate. This is caused by dehydration and the body attempts to retain all available fluid without any additional way to cool down.
- Dogs on the other hand do NOT sweat as profusely as humans do; they rely on their tongue and the pads on their feet to regulate and dispel heat.
- In this regard, regulation of fluid levels becomes more important to control heart rate and core body temperature. By helping to maintain normal heart and temperature conditions, the animal is less likely to suffer from the fatigue associated with exercise.
- Water has no flavor so it is difficult for most active dogs to consume enough to stay well hydrated. Our research has shown that dogs will consume more of a flavored drink than that of just plain water. In addition, water contains no electrolytes and therefore cannot help to replace electrolytes such as sodium, chloride and potassium.
- Veterinarians use fluid replacement frequently to treat dogs that suffer electrolyte loss through diarrhea and vomiting. They create an "isotonic" solution that will mimic the ion levels found in the blood stream and essentially re-balance the system by imbuing the plasma with any lost ions.
- Rehydrate can be used therapeutically at a two-tablet dose to provide the best hydration for animals that have pronounced fluid losses.