Q5 Centerfire Upland Quail or Pheasant Strap Vest
The Q5 Centerfire Strap Vest from Arizona's Q5 Outdoor Products LLC Features Video:
Versatile Features of this Upland Bird Hunting Vest
Backodered. Expected delivery mid Oct. Backorders accepted. The Q5 Centerfire is a carefully thought out strap vest, and a culmination of many years of hunting experience by it's founder/owner Dan Priest. The features that really stood out to us at Northland Dog Supply were the removable backpack, adjustable sternum strap AND removable shell bags, which incidently can be attached to ANY belt you might be wearing that day.
Note: While you can put an extra hydration reservoir in the removable backpack, there is a dedicated built in pouch for a hydration bladder within the mesh game bag!
The Q5 Centerfire Strap vest has a generously padded lumbar support which provides excellent weight distribution. One size fits all with the waist belt that adjusts out to approximately 55 inches. We felt that the shell bags were placed in the right spot- off to the side so they aren't buffeting your legs. Made in USA. One Size fits Most. Khaki/Blaze.
Features of the Q5 Centerfire Arizona Quail Upland Strap Vest Include:
- Convenient hang strap
- Extra padding for comfort around neck and upper back
- Removable hydration hose clip
- 2 adjustable raising/lowering straps to support many body types
- Removable and velcro secured electronics pouch
- Innovative and padded adjustable shoulder straps
- Removable and adjustable sternum strap
- Inside pouch for water bladder or water bottles
- Heavy duty velcro/button reinforced mesh for back ventilation
- Padded lumbar support for extra comfort with heavy loads
- Specialized belt system with quick adjust cam buckle puts load on hips, frees upper body for unrestricted movement
- Large open-air and easy access game bag
- Removable and velcro & clip secured small backpack with large and small zippered compartment for extra dog water, handgun, camera, etc.
- 2 storage compartments with large and small zippered sections
- 2 water-bottle pouches for 24oz bottle (bottles not included)
- Removable shell bags with heavy duty velcro close flap + large and small zippered compartment
- Large zippered main compartment for extra storage
- Adjustable lashing straps underneath to secure a raincoat and other outdoor essentials
The Q5 Vest is made in the U.S.A. - in Arizona's White Mountain communities of Eagar/Springerville Material: CENTERFIRE ORANGE Tough, mid-weight 1000D Cordura Nylon fabric, YKK zippers and easy to grab pulls.
Fitting Recommendations (We recommend that you have someone help you with the first fitting of your Q5 Centerfire Vest):
- Loosen all the straps on the centerfire vest.
- Put on the vest, set the hip belt where comfortable, and tighten the buckle.
- Now just tighten the 3 straps on the back, shoulder straps and sternum strap to comfort.
- The sternum strap is adjustable to sit further up or down the chest.
- In time, as you have adjusted the vest to a permanent fit, you can adjust some of the overlength straps by cutting and applying a flame on the ends to prevent fraying.
"It's a unique feature when a Bird vest can be configured in almost any way. During hot days we like to remove the backpack (pictured below). Doing this, we turn our hunting vest into a perfect mesh vest for training our dogs, or simply chukkar or early grouse hunting." -Luke Huberty Northland Dog Supply Founder.
Soil may be removed with spray cleaner or detergent and water. Avoid chlorine or bleach based cleaners.
Hand wash with mild detergent (ie: woolite, or even dawn dishwashing liquid) rinse well and air dry.
Never put products in dryer as this will compromise the backing on the fabric
The velcro can be easily cleaned using a dry toothbrush.
More Information on Q5? When you purchase this vest, you are helping a child experience camping and the great outdoors. A percentage of the proceeds go to Arizona Outdoor Adventures, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing healthy outdoor activities for underprivileged children. www.azoutdooradventures.org